Mathematical Puzzles 2011
We've uploaded the first part of the Jigsaws competition - rebuses. The second (and thus final) part will appear on our website on 4th March 2011. Have fun!
- Problems differ in difficulty, some may be solved by a junior high school pupil, other require knowledge from outside the high school programme.
- Rebuses will be available at knm.katowice.pl on 26th February 2011. Second part - with problems - on 4th March 2011.
- Solutions should be mailed to the address firstname.lastname@example.org before 10th March 2011 inclusive. Contact data (first and family name of the candidate along with the name and number of the school) of the participant should be included.
- Six people who score the most points will be rewarded. In case of the same result among a few people, they will be rated ex aueqo. No extra-time is considered nor does it matter who mailed the answers first.
- The results of the competition will appear at the website of the Students' Mathematical Society of University of Silesia in Katowice, knm.katowice.pl, on 13th March 2011.
- The winners will receive prizes, which will be awarded during the Pi Days, more accurately - 15th March 2011 in the Rialto Cinema. More information about Pi Days is available at swietopi.pl.
last update: 09.03.2011