The Silesian Mathematical Society hereby announces the science trip to Szczyrk between 30th April - 3rd May 2010 (Friday - Monday)
. The topic of the conference is "Alternative proofs of theorems"
Some organisational info:
You can sign up until 20th April 2010.
Talk titles should be sent to us up to 25th April 2010.
Cost of the trip is 60 zł per person (accommodation and full boarding included).
Payments should be made until 22nd April 2010 (those planning to pay by bank transfer should contact us).
Attention! We have to pay earlier for the accommodation and some of the food. Because of that if someone resigns from the trip after 25th April 2010, he WILL NOT get a refund (we will not physically have the money anymore).
- Conference, as is our tradition, will take place in the holiday resort of Silesian University in Szczyrk, on 56 Olimpijska street. You can get there by going by train to Bielsko, then by PKS to Szczyrk (direction: Salmopol or Biały Krzyż (the White Cross)), then getting out on the Szczyrk - Wodospad (Waterfall) bus stop (third after the Szczyrk centre) and going a few minutes by the road to the left of the street the PKS was going by, immediately before the bus stop itself - that is Olimpijska street. You can check the exact route on the map.
If you are not sure if you will find the place by yourself, you can contact us (email@example.com). A few days before the trip, when we know exactly who will go, a group of people (with at least one of them knowing the way) will be chosen. If someone is going by car, please inform us about it, so that the empty seats in the car could be used.
- You can sign up for the trip by informing any member of the Society - we can be easily found in the 524 room. You can also mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Cost of the trip (without the journey) is 60 zł (with full board and accommodation). You can tell us your nutritional preferences (we cook ourselves), of course within reasonable limits.
- We have the dishes, beds and bedding in Szczyrk. If, however, we will have more participants than beds (we never have, but better safe than sorry), those last to apply for the trip will have to provide their own sleeping bags and foam pads - those so unlucky will be informed earlier. You can take your own cup (which is kinda handy, if there are many people present). We also remind you to take some waterproof clothes and warm ones and shoes suitable for asome mountain hiking - if the weather is good, we may want to go for a longer excursion (for volunteers, of course).
- The trip is theoretically scientific. Participating in the trip is not equivalent to giving a talk, but it's strongly recommended. The topic is „Alternative proofs for theorems". The talk does not have to be long or overly sophisticated and it can relate to various branches of science. Giving a talk is appreciated especially among our guests from places other than the Silesia University - of course, it is not a neccessary condition. However, in the case of exceptionally large amount of participants willing to go, those with a talk (or having given a talk at one of the previous sessions) will have priority.
Number of places is limited, so you should hurry ;) Please provide information whether you will give a talk or not, and in the first case - send the title. Applying for the trip as early as possible will be appreciated.
Questions and suggestions may be sent to email@example.com
. See you in Szczyrk!
last update: 26.12.2011